Saturday 14 October 2017

Quick and easy Christmas card

 Hello lovely peeps


  I've made another card with the Robins Bird Box Simply Print from Lili of the Valley

When you download the Simply Prints from LOTV they come in PDF format and you get 2, 4 and 8 images to a page. You'll notice that on my card I have lots of space to the right hand side where there would normally be another copy of the image, so how did I do it?

First I printed opened the Simply Print PDF file in Foxit Reader - this is a free PDF viewer that I find much more flexible than Adobe Reader. I clicked on the snapshot tool and drew a box around just one of the images - you get a message telling you that it has copied to the clipboard, just click on OK.


  • Press Ctrl-P to bring the Print dialog box up - it should automatically choose 'Selected Graphic' for the Print Range. 
  • Make sure there are no ticks in the boxes for 'Auto-Rotate' and 'Auto-Centre' at the bottom.
  • In the 'Scale' section either select 'None', or if you want to adjust the size slightly then select  'Custom Scale' and amend the percentage up/down until you are happy



  • Click OK to print the image out (you might need to move the right-hand scroll bar to see the OK button)



I printed the image onto Simply the Best card from Limetree Crafts then glued it to a 6x6 card and trimmed off the excess. To make the border paper I used the same ink smooshing technique as on the first card I made with this image, though you could use paper from your stash.

The sentiment is from the Christmas Wishes clear stamp set, inked with Juniper Adirondack. The tiny stars are table confetti, attached with a dot of Cosmic Shimmer glue.

  Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Katrina, and thank you so much for the fab tutorial I will definitely be trying that :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Fikreta said...

So nice card!