Monday, 7 August 2017

Brusho Sympathy

Hello lovely peeps


Today's card is one of those you hope you never have to make, a sympathy card.

I hope it brings a small crumb of comfort to my cousin who lost his 23 year old son this week, a vibrant and lovely young man taken far too soon.

To start off I painted some Pebeo Drawing Gum straight onto the Stylised Flowers stamp from IndigoBlu and stamped it onto some thick watercolour card. Once it was dry I sprinkled on some Brusho powders and spritzed with water.


I built up layers of colour until the flowers stood out from the background


then cut the piece down, stamped on a greeting from Woodware's Tiny Phrases set and mounted it on a 6x6 card with turquoise organza ribbon.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Sparkles Forum Challenges # 94 Thinking of You or sympathy card
Country View Crafts Challenge Blues and greens
Southern Girls #165 Flower power
Happy Little Stampers (Watercolour)  option Bloom
Crafty Ribbons Use ribbon
Little Red Wagon #405 Favourite products (Brushos, IndigoBlu stamps)
Artistic Stampers  Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

7 comments:

  1. Great idea to stamp with the drawing gum I've never done that, I love using my Brusho's you get such a variety every time
    Very sad occasion, I'm sure your lovely card was appreciated

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, this is my go to stamp for sympathy/thinking of you cards as it is so elegant and peaceful. Looks great with the brusho background
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The background is gorgeous :) Thanks for joining the Girlfriends at Little Red Wagon this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thanks for participating in my challenge over at Country View Challenges this week ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message if you pop by, it really makes my day.
Katrina xx