Friday 16 December 2016

Garden arch for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


This card uses lots of different dies from the Mixed Media and Entwined Heart collections by Leonie Pujol. I started by cutting the Big Heart base from pearlescent grey card and snipping the point off. This gave me my 'metal' garden arch.


Next I cut 'Entwining Branches' out of some green patterned card and glued parts of it around each side of the arch.


For my fencing I used a couple of the dies in the 'Mosaic' set, cut from brown card


 and entwined parts of 'Big Heart - Floral Cascade' through


 To make my trees I used 'Mosaic' for the trunks, and one of the leaves from 'Floral Bursts' for the foliage, which I sanded lightly to bring out the embossed detail.


For the background I painted Teal, Sea Green and Slate Spectrum Aqua Markers onto wet watercolour card and left it to dry before attaching to an A5 landscape card.


Then I just attached all the die-cuts to the card base and added a 'Message Ribbon' stamped sentiment.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Craft Your Passion #342 Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations  #169  Anything goes 
That's Crafty! Challenge Blog Flower Power
Creative Craft Cottages Challenges #77 Use die-cuts
SSS Work it wednesday  use dies
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge December

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

Lia said...

THis is such a clever idea. Your card is beautiful!
Lia xx

Anne said...

So creative Katrina, this is a beautiful card
Anne x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Katrina, the design is wonderful and love the scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage, good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Tracy Welham said...

Clever idea and a lovely card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Stunning and so very clever xx

Creative world said...

Fantastic ideas you had on this card,and you did awesome design too...Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenge, hope to see you again
Zeljka DT

Unknown said...

Great card thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage - good luck
Lyn - DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with all of us a Creative Craft Cottage :)

Helen Gullett said...

What a lovely garden scene card. Thank you for playing along with HLS December Anything Goes with Dies!