Friday 24 June 2016

Back in the Saddle for Polkadoodles

Happy Friday peeps :o)


It's challenge reminder time at Polkadoodles where the theme is 'Use a Die Cut' (you can use a manual or electronic machine)

I've used some of the pre-coloured cowboy elements from Work and Play 3 to make a male 'Get Well Soon' card.

First I arranged the images I wanted in Craft Artist and printed it in in draft to check they were the right size to fit my star dies.


Once I was happy with the layout I printed it off in colour and then positioned my nesting star dies over the top (notice my well-loved cutting mat underneath the card)


After I ran it through my ebosser machine I drew some rope borders around each of the stars - add a line where the embossed edge is and then draw in semi circular parallel lines



I coloured the 'rope' in with a Graph'It marker (9401) before matting the stars onto one of the background papers (which I brightened by 70 points in Irfanview, the software I use for viewing/printing images)


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Hiding in my Craft Room #255 Masculine
Fab 'n' Funky #310 Boys/Men
Inspiration Destination  #91 Always Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x


12 comments:

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Just love this such a great boy card xx

Karon said...

Such a cool card - love it. Have a great weekend.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Katrina, I like the design with the stars
Kevin xx

Anne said...

This is a great boys card Katrina, something a bit different - you really do have some lovely ideas.
Anne x

Tracy said...

What a cool boys card! Super cute. Hugs Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Another great make Kat x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful card Katrina thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Good Luck with your entry
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Kristina said...

I love this - The spotlighting of the images is a great idea and love how you have drawn in the rope outline - thanks so much for joining us over the the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge Blog.

Kat W said...

A wonderful design and so clever to pop those images and sentiment into the stars...and the rope border is just brilliant :-)
A lovely original idea for a get well soon card for a man too!
Big hugs, Kat xx

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Love this collection x stunning x

Bev said...

Such a fabulous design!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Cute card! Love the star frames!

Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie