Saturday 9 January 2016

Little Mermaid Shaker Card

Hello peeps.

Did I mention that I was a runner up in the Card Designer of the Year competition at Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine? ;)

It was very exciting seeing my cards in print but you can't see the detail very well, so here's a close-up of one of them (I already posted my advent calendar here).


 The background paper (rather appropriately) was from the 'Beach Bliss' 8x8 paper pad from Lili of the Valley and the shaker frame is die cut from a First Edition 'Silent Night' 8x8 paper (I used two nesting squares). 

I stamped 'Little Mermaid 1' from Lili of the Valley (discontinued) onto white card and coloured her in with my Graph'It markers


The starfish were cut from coloured card using an X-Cut star die, then I rounded the points off with my scissors and coloured the edges with Distress Inks. To add some texture I dabbed white texture paste on with the end of a paintbrush.


The jellyfish was created by cutting a circle die-cut with scalloped scissors, colouring with Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough) and adding strings of pearls for the tentacles - it's a more grown-up version of the one I had on my Life's a Beach card.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Glitter n Sparkle #169 Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Theme: A year to remember
ABC Challenge - ‘Y is for Your Choice'
 Polka Doodles  #51/1 Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Anything goes with a die
Sisters of Craft - Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina
 p.s. only three days left to enter the draw for my blog candy ;)

18 comments:

Valerija said...

Wow, love this card. It's so sweet.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Kat, it's no surprise as this card is fabulous, you have made such a fantastic job of the all important details, the jellyfish is brilliant!! xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your runner up prize, I'm not surprised your card is stunning :)

Kat W said...

I can't really believe you didn't win with such stunning creations! I missed the advent calendar so had to go back and take a peek - WOW!
Both the advent calendar and this gorgeous mermaid card show your amazing attention to detail and the fantastic textures you add to your designs...just love them :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Unknown said...

Oh I love how you made the jelly fish!! Amazing! Such a stunning card!
Lucy x

brenda said...

What a super shaker card Kat and perfect colours to compliment the image.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Tracey said...

Stunning card Katrina & I love all the dimension :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Fikreta said...

very pretty!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Viv said...

A fab shaker card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Sally H said...

A fabulous shaker card, Kat! So cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at stamping sensations for our stamp and Die challenge and good luck!

Annette said...

CONGRATS Katrina. Really well deserved.

Theresa said...

well done. great card with lots of detail. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx.
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Hello, A beautiful project!! Love all the embellishments which fit together perfectly. Thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge We wish you good luck. Hope to see you again for our next challenge.

Jade DT
Crafty-Jade-Creations

Sue said...

Katrina. this is really beautiful. Wonderful colouring and your shaker card design is truly gorgeous. I love the texture on the starfish.
Sue...xxx

Julie Odil said...

This is beautiful, Katrina! Love that it's a shaker card. Thanks for joining our ATG challenge this time at Polkadoodles Challenge Blog. Julie, DT member

Unknown said...

Your card has heaps of detail and glad to come across the blog of a fellow runner upper for CM of the Year! Thanks for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles, Jackie DT x

Catie Cuddles said...

How cute! Well done!
Catherine x

Tracy Welham said...

Congratulations. Great card, fabulous detail. Creative Bessings, Tracy x