Tuesday 30 September 2014

Pretty Papers

Morning Peeps.

Thought I'd share a couple of cards I've made for some 'big' birthdays. I wanted to do something with Lili of the Valley papers for their September 'Pretty Papers' challenge

This first one is for a 50th Birthday


I die-cut lots of butterflies from two of the lilac papers in the 'Timeless Victorian' paper pad, creased each one in the centre and dipped them in PVA glue before placing them on the background paper in the shape of the number 50 (the background paper is from the same pad).

I've finished off with some Prima flowers with pearls glued into the centres and some lilac organza ribbon


My second one is for a male 21st birthday and uses papers from Lili of the Valley's 'Father Knows Best' pad. Not 'pretty' as such, but lovely papers nonetheless.



I started with a landscape A5 card and folded the front in half.  I embossed some of the light brown paper with the 'A Stitch in Time' folder from Crafters Companion and glued it to the front panel.

The letters are die-cut from the black dotty paper in the pad, which I've also used to cover the back panel.


I've used the Happy Birthday from LOTV's 'Handwritten Phrases' clear stamp set to decorate some chipboard letters from my stash
 

The man putting up the letters is  LOTV's 'Lick of Paint' stamp but I've cut off the paintbrush and paint pot. He's coloured in with Promarkers (mostly Umber, Khaki and Pastel Beige)


I might add some buttons to it yet, but being a firm follower of the 'less is more' camp, I'm fairly happy with it. And who knows, maybe I'll get picked out of the hat (fingers crossed).

'Bye for now and have a great day.

No comments: