Monday 6 June 2016

Flying Free for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


I've got another Leonie make to show you today, using some of the stamps that were launched on 18th May

Flight to Freedom set

I stamped several of the butterflies onto Sheena's stamping card, masking with sticky notes as I went.
They were then coloured in with Spectrum Aqua pens
Peacock Blue and Evergreen
Sunset,  Sunflower and Topaz
Boulder for the bodies


After colouring I painted Pebeo drawing gum over the top to protect the colours.
I made my own spritzer by soaking a piece of kitchen towel in Peacock Blue aquamarker and placing it into a spritzer bottle with water.
 

I spritzed all over my card and made some little inky puddles on my craft mat with a green aquamarker and clear wink of stella which I flicked all over the card with a wet paintbrush before drying with a heat gun



I cut the card down but left some wing tips poking out over the edges


I matted it on top of some white card which was embossed with a Crafters Companion Hessian folder before I tore the edges.


I stamped and coloured a few extra butterflies onto lightweight watercolour card and cut them out for decoupaging on top, and then wrapped cheesecloth around the card so it looks like they're escaping from a butterfly net. 

The whole thing is mounted onto a 7x7 card blank and then to finish off I stamped 'Free' with black memento ink and added some clear dew drops


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 Simon Says Stamp (Wed) Mask It
Double D Challenges PEACH/CORAL & BLUES!
Southern Girls Layers
Little Claire's #69 Butterflies
The Corrosive Challenges #6 Lots of layers
Stamping Sensations  Feature a creature
Sparkles Forum Challenges # 80 Animal Magic
Crafty Catz #328 - Add a Butterfly
The Ribbon Girls June any card

Make My Monday - Photo Inspiration



Before I go, I'm excited to tell you that Leonie is launching some brand new dies and stamps this Wednesday evening on Hochanda at 8pm, with further shows on Thursday (9th June) at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm. I'll be posting some of my samples here while the shows are on.

Hope you can join me again soon,
Katrina x

27 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful.....love the background & especially the cheesecloth.
hugs Jo x
I have CANDY if you'd like to enter!

trent999 said...

Katrina, This is lovely. The background is super and the colours in the butterflies are superb. xxx

Chris said...

This is so very beautiful Katrina! I really love it!
Chris
x

Jane Royston said...

Love this card Katrina! Jane :) X

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is stunning, love love love those butterflies

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Katrina, looking forward to seeing more of your cards on Wednesday night, I have spent sooo much money since Leonie launched her own range.....

Fikreta said...

wonderful card
have a nice day
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Sarah Bell said...

Another Lovely card and a fab tutorial. Thank you for joining the LC Design's blog challenge
Sarah - LC Designs DT x

Olga Fink said...

Gorgeous card! great creation!
xx Olga

Jingle said...

This is so super pretty! I love the flowy feel and the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with the masking challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful Katrina :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Cazro said...

A super card, different with lots of detail. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

Darlene said...

WOW! What a beautiful design Katrina! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Wedding/Color Challenge’! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Lynne K said...

This is stunning, Katrina - the background, the butterflies, the netting, well everything about it really! Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is stunning - your coloring is so pretty! Thanks for joining in at DD's

brenda said...

A great creation for our Feature a Creature theme Kat, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

tilly said...

a beautiful card making your own background and the super butterflies,thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again soon
Tilly

Diane said...

WOW...a stunning card...love those pretty, pretty butterflies and how you have 'brought them to life'! Thank you for joining us at Double D for our challenge!
Diane DD DT

Anonymous said...

I really love this Katrina , such a beautiful make x

Julie said...

OH MY GOODNESS Such a great project, I love all the details! Thank you for joining the Southern Girls this time. Good luck, Julie X

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is such a stunning card! The butterflies are just perfect against the background.Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Helen said...

Great card - beautiful butterflies.

Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Helen N x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Lovely surprise awaits you on the Southern Girls blog. Congratulations! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Joan said...

This is so lovely - great idea, adding the cheesecloth!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Fliss said...

Really beautiful card, just love those stunning butterflies. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at MMM.
Fliss DT x

Cazro said...

Stunning, such amazinga colouring. Perfect for our photo challenge. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Tracy said...

I love your Butterflies, beautiful details and the design too, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x